Just a reminder that tomorrow is library day for our class. Also, report cards and parent teacher interview times will be coming home tomorrow with your child. Interviews are the night of March 1st and the day of March 2nd (some will be held after school on Feb 27th and 28th as well). If you need to change your interview time, please call Jackie (admin. assistant) to make changes. She will have the master copy. If you ordered cookie dough, the orders will be available for pick-up after school, March 1st and during the day March 2nd. The Scholastic bookfair will also be set up at this time.
We will not have Words Their Way for homework this week. I will start a new sort next week.
Our campaign for Bikes for Books has started. A few students have received ballots so far…but not many! Please remember to have your child fill in the short response when they reach 100 pages! This earns them 1 ballot in the jar and a chance to win a bike in the spring.
Just a reminder that Friday will be Library day for us. Also, it is spelling test day!
Cookie dough orders will be accepted until Feb. 5th. Please send in all orders and money. There are prizes for the top two sellers. As well, any student who sells 6 doughs will be invited to an ice cream sundae party!
- This week will be week #2 for their word sorts. Spelling test will be on Friday.
- No school on Wednesday, January 31st.
- Due to no school on Wed., there will not be subway orders this week.
- Our cookie dough fundraiser is underway. Please send all paper orders/payments to school by Feb. 5th.
- Keep an eye out for upcoming events to support Parkdale Elementary in our “Bikes for Books” program.
A few reminders/new things happening this week:
- Family Literacy day is coming up on Sat., Jan. 27th. In honor of this, we will be doing some literacy activities tomorrow, Fri., Jan. 26th. If the students wish to, they are welcome to bring reading material from home as well as a blanket, a stuffed animal and if they would like they can wear comfy clothes or pj’s. We will spend a lot of time reading throughout the day! I ask that slippers, robes and pillows not be sent. Please make sure that the extra items fit in the child’s schoolbag or an extra bag is sent and ensure that they can pack it themselves at the end of the day.
- Our “Bikes for Books” campaign is now underway. The students attended an assembly yesterday to kick it off. Please see the extra information that is being sent home today. If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- We are also beginning a cookie dough fundraiser. The booklet and information will be sent home today with the students.
Just a few things to remember for this week:
- Tuesday, Jan. 23rd is our library day (Day 5). Please return library books so new ones can be checked out.
- Popcorn is still available at lunch time for $1.50.
- We had our first spelling test last Friday. Please look for the spelling homework that is coming home. New words will be given tomorrow (Monday, Jan. 22). Any questions about this, please get in touch with me.
- Many students are coming to school without hats, mitts or a change of clothes (esp. socks!) Please ensure that your child has these things each day. We only have indoor recess if it is below -20.
I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Just a reminder for students to return their library books to school tomorrow so they can check out new ones as it is our Library day.
Also there will be a change in homework reading books starting this week. Typically I have sent home a bag of several books (amount of books depended on length and complexity) and requested that a reading log be signed. From now on, the students will be choosing the titles that they take home (still based on their reading level). Since students are choosing, you may see the same books taken home more than once. This is completely fine as once the book is familiar to them, they can work on fluency in reading (how it sounds – using expression, speed, intonation, etc.). I would still like the reading log signed for 15-20 minutes of reading each night.
We will be selling popcorn during lunch for $1.50. There will be 4 different kinds available for students to purchase. (For those that attended the Christmas concert, it is the same popcorn that was sold there.) If possible, please send in exact change with your child.
Tonight is the first night of spelling homework. If there are any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our class blog for grades 3/4! On this site you will be able to find information on homework, class announcements, and upcoming events. If you would like to be notified each time this blog is updated, click follow and enter your email on the right side of this page.